There are some good reasons to buy a humidifier. If you live in a dry country, maybe you have already used one because in winter the dry air can wreak havoc on your skin. However, when having a baby, it doesn’t matter if you live in a dry or a humid country. When your baby gets their first cold you may need a humidifier. Humidifiers help babies to lose their mucous accumulated in their nasal passages.
A very dry climate can cause issues with respiratory health and general comfort discomfort such as dry eyes and skin. Besides, it can cause problems within the home. For example, shrinkage of wood floors and furniture, cracked paint on wood trim, and static electricity. Similarly, too humid of an indoor climate can foster condensation, unwanted microbe growth, and mite infestation.
For both health and prevention of microbial growth the proper indoor humidity must be somewhere between 25% to 60%. A general rule of thumb is to keep Relative Humidity (RH) below 60% during the summer and between 25 to 40% during the winter.
To choose the best humidifier we look the effectiveness but also the easy of cleaning and use and the noise.
Appart from having a good humidifier it is important to look for an easy to clean one. You may read cleaning instructions and be sure that it will be not a difficult task. It is also important to be sure that it doesn’t make noise to don’t disturb your baby while he’s sleeping.
Finally, we recommend to buy a simple humidifier because humidifiers with too many features can be complicated to operate and require lots of extra maintenance.
- Ultra-Silent with Ultrasounds: Ultrasonic air diffusion produces less than 38 dB of noise for a quiet humidification that won’t keep you or your baby up at night.
- Better, Safer Air: Microporous cartridge thoroughly filters the water and rids it of microorganisms for odorless, purer air.
- Adjustable Vapor for Multiple Needs: Set humidity level and mist flow to fill up rooms up to 66-82 ft² and combat dry skin, wrinkles, winter cold, and mildew.
- Up to 15 Hours of Mist: 4 L water capacity provides you with over half a day of adjustable humidification for purified air that will last well into the night.
- Full of Features: Comes with a built-in timer, intuitive LED display, sleep mode, and a 360-degree rotatable nozzle for uniform distribution.
- Note: The device doesn’t double as an aroma diffuser. Please do not use with essential oils.
- One gallon tank: Removable 1 gallon tank fits under most bathroom sinks for easy filling and runs whisper quiet up to 24 hours.
- Clean control: Anti-microbial material reduces mold and bacteria growth by up to 99.96%
- Soothing relief: Ultrasonic Cool Mist effectively humidifies up to 500 square feet for easier breathing and a good night’s sleep.
- No filter required: This humidifier does not require a filter, but for homes with hard water. Demineralization filters can be purchased and used with this unit.
- Auto shut-off sensor: Humidifier automatically shuts off when the water level is low.
- Long lasting relief: Ultrasonic cool mist technology safely moisturizes the air for 10 to 24 hours of continuous operation (depending on mist control setting) so you can breathe easily and get more restful sleep.
- One Gallon water tank: Large tank and powerful steam output provides ideal coverage for large bedrooms, offices, and other rooms up to 500 square feet.
- Optional night light: Offers soothing lighting for maximum relaxation and operation in the dark (choose between blue, green, and red).
- Automatic shut off: Safely turns humidifier off when water level is low or the water tank is removed.